Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Anni '60

I love all the fashions from the 60s! From the classical and proper styles, to the hippie and pop glam ones. For me they never out of fashion. I plan to bring to you several posts celebrating the looks of the 60's. With my first one, I wanted to create a look inspired by Twiggy, one of the most famous models/icons of the 60s.

I selected neutral colors for my look, white and gray with some gold and darker tones as to not to make it too monochrome. The blouse from the N i V E N heavy metal coat dress is perfect for the look I had in my mind. I wanted to play with geometric patterns and at same time match it with some high waisted white pants by Muism, which adds to the retro flavor.

I wanted to keep this look clean, so decided not to use any nail polish or statement jewelry. I limited myself to a pair of very simple earrings, the Nairobi by Seasons HC. I wanted to emulate a Twiggy style and impress without wearing many accessories or being too made up. Used then the Helsinki skin in its fair tone with its clean make up and the Jamie hair in blonde, very Twiggy-like, both by MMS.

Other accessories, and a very strong part of the look, are made by the spectacles by Paper Couture. It was the spectacles that initially gave me the idea for this style along with the N i V E N Heavy Metal Coat Dress Top, which is one of the few I every saw with a geometric pattern such as this and with an amazing collar.

Matched them with a black belt by Artilleri, subtle yet classy, and the tweed bag by plus, which compliments the blouse nicely.

My shoes are Diva2 by Tesla in white and they contribute to make the overall look, a bit androgyny, but never masculine. Just like the gorgeous Twiggy was.

Ciao for now! Credits Body: Skin: HelsinkiPale-makeup4 by MMS Hair: JAMIE (BLOND) by MMS Hair Eyes:SOUL eyes Blue 7 by MADesigns Lashes: Photoshoot Lashes by MMS Outfit: Shirt: Part of Heavy Metal Coat Dress Outfit by N i V E N Pants: High-Waisted Sailor Pants in White by Muism Shoes: Diva2 in White by Tesla Belt: part of Eva Dress outfit by Artilleri Bag: Green Tweed Pattern Shoulder Dress by +plus Glasses: Sylvia frames by Paper Couture Earrings: Nairobi Jewelry Set by Seasons HC (Store closed) Location: The Hotel Dare

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails