Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Congrats To Miss Elle - Winner of the Frenzoo Fashion Contest!

I recently had the pleasure of judging a fashion and skin contest at Frenzoo and had the difficult task of selecting just one of the entrants as the winner.  Ultimately I awarded the first place crown to Miss Elle!
Her winning ad is below and will be featured on Frenzoo.com as well as a feature article in Frenzy Magazine.

My review of  Elle's entry: 
This fitted dress has great detail on the texture with the creases in the dress and seams giving it a very realistic look. The shoulder accents in the shiny textured multi colored silver gives the dress just the right amount of added detail without taking away attention from the actual dress. Accessories are kept to a minimum letting the outfit shine. Simple silver earrings and black pumps are just the right choice. I love the glossy silvery plum of the lips on the skin as well as the highlighting on the eyes, long lashes and warming up of the skin with just the right amount of blush. This AV is definitely giving a Rhianna vibe!


After her win, Elle was kind enough to share with me her thoughts on virtual worlds fashion and her inspirations.  :-)

1. How did you come to Frenzoo and what made you decided to create content and open a shop?


I heard about Frenzoo through a fashion community forum. I liked the idea of a virtual fashion community where you have the ability to create content directly on the site. After playing around with the creator tools for a few weeks I applied for VIP to open my own shop.

2. Describe the style of your clothing line and how you decided to make your line in that particular style.

I tend to find influences from street style, the current 80s revival, musicians, and whatever contest theme is currently running. I’m a bit all over the place.
3. What would you like to see in the future in terms of being able to create content?

Hmm, that's a good question! I would love to have graphic editing included into the create tool. This way I wouldn't have to export anything if I want to work with Photoshop. So far I think Frenzoo has done a good job. They’re constantly and consistently finding ways to improve to make it better.

4. Why did you pick this outfit to enter in the contest?

Actually this was a backup outfit! The original outfit I had created was taking way too long to complete and so I scraped it to meet the deadline. But I just wanted to create something with clean lines and embellishment. I couldn't find (or create) a dress mesh with structured shoulders so I tried to create that illusion with the sparkly disco-ball details.
5. What advice would you give to someone who wants to get started in creating content?

Just have fun with it and make it your own. I've seen some items that look like knock-offs from popular creators, it’s great to draw inspiration from them but better to put your own personality into it.  I mean if you’re really into creating and/or fashion. I would suggest looking at outside sources for ideas. Asking question to other experienced creators for help and using Google never hurts too!

I remember when I first started creating, I was on a quest trying to figure out what was the best way to make virtual leather. Using a leather image or painting them??  I would message back and forth to a couple creators on the site until I was satisfied with the end result! (and it was a good way for me to make friends here ^_^)

Big thanks to Miss Elle for her time and input and look for her fashion machinima commerical of her store to be published soon!

1 comment:

Lost Hong Kong said...

Congratulations Misselle!! :D great interview :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails